34 student-athletes graduate during FAMU Spring Commencement

big rattler
0

(l-r) Softball players Jessica Nathan, Raven Moseley and Kieifi Myrick
The Alfred Lawson Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gymnasium was constructed to perform several functions.  One of its most pronounced ones was hosting commencement ceremonies for the university.  With two near-capacity crowds at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., several student-athletes were among the roster of graduates from the various departments and programs of the university.

Among the graduates were three current softball players, two of whom have consecutive MEAC softball championships under their belts and now are working on their third.  Raven Moseley, Kieifi Myrick and Jessica Nathan were actually listed consecutively in the commencement program, all getting bachelor of science degrees in occupational therapy.

Nathan, who came to FAMU from the College of Central Florida, has been the top performer for the Lady Rattlers this season, earning the Most Valuable Player award at the annual athletics banquet.  “I’m really ecstatic.  At first I didn’t expect to feel this way, but right now I’m very happy,” she said.

Moseley also talked about struggling to come to grips with the graduation.  “It’s kind of unreal.  It’s truly a bittersweet moment.  This was four years of my life and now I’m excited as to what the future has to hold,” Moseley said.

Myrick, who missed playing last season with an injury, has rebounded nicely, earning the softball “slugger” award for the team. “I think the fact that I was able to graduate with my teammates – my sisters, made it all the better.  To have them by my side made this accomplishment all the sweeter,” Myrick said.
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !