Prof. Theodore Hemmingway Dies

da rattler
3

History Professor Dr. Theodore Hemmingway died last evening of a massive heart attack.

Dr. Hemmingway's African-American History class was a favorite of this author. Perhaps it was the way he engaged his students and made his subject matter relevant. Anyway you look at it this is a tremendous lost for the FAMU Community.

Dr. Hemmingway, a graduate of North Carolina Central University,had been a memeber of the FAMU faculty for over 30 years. He was twice voted Teacher of the Year, and had been a Presidential Fellow of the American Council of Education and spent a semester shadowing the President of Auburn University. Rattler Nation sends its heartfelt condolences to the Hemmingway family.

Post a Comment

3Comments

  1. Dr. Hemmingway was one of the most memorable of my professors at FAMU. After earning a master's degree in history from FAMU and now as a teacher of history, I still recall and appreciate the interesting stories he told. He had a unique way of teaching that prompted you to think outside of the box. I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. The history department has suffered a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences. He was a great professor. Dr. "Old School."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very hurt and sadden by the death of Dr. Hemmingway. He use to say,"white people don't know anything about black people. Black people don't know anything about black people. What black people know about black people, they learned from white people." I took this a a charge to learn all I could about black people and in return teach what I learn about black people and teach it to black people. I thank God, that I have a piece of Dr. Hemmingway in me.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !