Hollins addresses his departure from FAMU

da rattler
4

In an email to friends and colleagues FAMU Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations Alvin Hollins talks about his departure from FAMU Athletics. The full email is below:

October 3, 2009


Dear All,

It is official. The reign of Alvin Hollins as the “Czar” of Sports Information at Florida A&M University is nearing its' end after 30 years.

No, I am not retiring to the Cayman Islands, nor has President Obama scooped me up to write speeches for him.

Instead, the university administration informed me on Thursday afternoon, October 1 that “management wanted to go in another direction.”

So my last day on the job officially will be December 28, 2009.

I wanted you to get the straight scoop from me, now that I have received official, written notification of my “separation” from the university.

Needless to say, the shock, the sadness and the emotions are really starting to set in now, but the calls and emails from many of you have kept me sane, especially since some of you have endured similar circumstances.

The outpouring of support from FAMU alumni, staff - even three former athletic directors and two presidents has been amazing.

Again, God Bless you all and thank you for your kindness and support down through the years and I will stay in touch.

Sincerely,
ALVIN HOLLINS
850-591-XXXX
rockstat7376@aol.com

p.s. - I do have 30 years plus in at FAMU so I can retire, thankfully, plus I have over 5,000 hours of sick leave and nearly 500 hours of annual leave…. I may head to Puerto Rico for a couple of months, wiggle my toes in the sand!!!
Tags

Post a Comment

4Comments

  1. Good luck to you Al and thank you for your services, but I agree with FAMU administration that we need to head in another direction.

    If I had 30 years in, nobody would have to ask me to leave. I'm looking forward to my retirement and I hope your's turn out to be a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep ya head up Alvin. The chickens will eventually come home to roost for the univeristy henchmen that did you in bruh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that his dismissal had to happen under these terms, but Hollins is way past his prime. FAMU's Sports Information office has been below average for years. I wish him the best at whatever he plans to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !