Blogger: Rufus yelled “F--k you” at her, scuffled with her husband

big rattler
0
Numerous FAMUans have complained about Rufus Montgomery’s rude and unprofessional actions on the university’s Board of Trustees. It turns out that Rattlers are not the only ones who have said they are offended by the way Rufus deals with people.

A blogger named Lisbeth Carter says she had a very unpleasant experience with Rufus at an Atlanta Republicans Holiday Party on Dec. 4, 2010. Carter was the Republican nominee in a 2010 race against incumbent U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson-D of the Fourth Congressional District of Georgia. She lost her bid to unseat him.

Carter said she and Rufus had a disagreement over state GOP rules that turned ugly because of the way Rufus acted. Here's her description of what happened:

He started pointing his finger at me, while leaning over me, screaming the GOP didn’t need or want “Losers” like me.

On a side note, you need to understand – I’m 110 pounds at best and 5 foot 2 inches, Rufus is probably about 290 pounds and 6 foot 4 inches. I’m a woman and he’s a man.

Now, I’ve never been called a loser and I don’t consider myself a loser. I told Rufus that yes, I may have lost my congressional race, but he was being rude and I did not appreciate his tone or him calling me a loser. Rufus didn’t stop, instead his behavior escalated. I was being called an “F’ing Loser” and that “L” didn’t stand for Liz, it stood for Loser.

I was a bit shocked by this and I had my hands in a defensive position trying to move him away from me, which got the attention of other bystanders, including my husband. When he kept it up, I did snap and swear back at him requesting him to stop. At that point, Rufus pushed it further by leaning directly over me screaming “F*** you and your F***ing husband to, where ever he is.”

To my rescue was my husband who lunged and pushed Rufus away from me and onto a tabletop. Security quickly jumped between the two and my husband sat back onto his stool. We left shortly thereafter, with no apology given from Rufus and no action taken toward him.

Read Carter’s full post about Rufus here.
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !