Overton holds first meeting as FAMU athletic director

big rattler
0
In the study hall room in the FAMU Athletics learning center, FAMU Athletic Director Milton Overton Jr. appeared for the first time, in front of the full athletics staff.  He opened with a presentation on his expectations and his vision for FAMU Athletics.

“I know most of you feel like I just showed up.  Some feel the numbers don’t match and I shouldn’t be here.  I’m here to tell you that in my heart, FAMU is exactly where I am supposed to be,” Overton said.

The reference was to his decision to accept the top position in FAMU’s financially challenged athletic program and leave behind his former job in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Alabama, which had a budget that was ten times bigger. 

“There is certainly a difference in having a $100 million budget and a $10 million budget…but, I’m here to tell you we can thrive when we hit that right combination of effort and success,” Overton added.  “We can, and will, do some things that others may not have thought possible.  And we’ll do it well,” he added.
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !