Lawson reelected as Democrats take control of U.S. House of Representatives

big rattler
0
U.S. Rep. Alfred “Al” Lawson, FL-5, a Florida A&M University alumnus, will be part of the new Democratic-controlled U.S. House of Representatives.

The Associated Press reported that with 100 percent of precincts reporting, Lawson had 178,394 votes (66.7 percent) to 89,035 (33.3 percent) votes for his Republican challenger Virginia Fuller.

“When I began this re-election campaign, I knew what we were preparing to do wasn’t going to be easy,” Lawson wrote on his campaign Twitter page. “And, I know wholeheartedly, I couldn’t have done this without your support. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you. This moment is because of you.”

The Democrats flipped the U.S. House on Tuesday night, which means that U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi, CA-12, will regain her former role as the speaker.

The 116th U.S. Congress will convene between January 3, 2019 and January 3, 2021.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !