FAMU grad & Queer Eye star returns to campus to transform Gibbs Hall lounge

da rattler
0

FAMU alum & star of Netflix's Queer Eye Karamo Brown recently returned to campus to give the student lounge in Gibbs Hall an extreme makeover. 

“This trip was my first time returning since graduation and I was so excited to go back!” Brown told PEOPLE Magazine. “It was great to see how the school has changed and the things that have stayed the same.”
One thing that hadn’t changed was the student lounge, says Brown, who stars in the fourth season of the hit Netflix series, now streaming. “The space before was just as I had remembered it – which meant it needed a refresh!”
Brown, who first gained national acclaim a cast member on MTV’s  Real World, was backed by HomeGoods Store.  
 “If my experience at FAMU taught me anything, it was that my voice matters and my words have the power to inspire others, so I wanted to be sure today’s students had a communal place where they could gather and let their voices be heard like I did.”

Overall, Brown hopes the transformation of the space will facilitate a transformation for the students who use it. “I hope the new layout brings the students a better balance of work and fun. When you’re in college, you work so hard, it’s important to remember to give yourself a break!”

His work is after the jump....

Before
After
After

After




Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !