Journey Magazine snags five awards at Sunshine State SPJ awards

da rattler
0
Journey Magazine, a student publication in the FAMU School of Journalism, bought home five awards, including three first place awards, in the college division at the 2021 Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Sunshine State Awards.
 
At the virtual ceremony that took place last Saturday, Journey won 1st place in Best Website and Best Student Publication, 1st place for Best Coverage of Race and Underrepresented Communities, 1stplace Best Student Publications staff, women issues,  2nd place for Best Multimedia Feature Uncensored: Being Young and Black in America,  and 3rd place for College Journalist of the year.
 
“I’m really honored to have mine and my staff’s work recognized in this way. We really put in a lot of work into the magazine. We all had many sleepless nights, and I remember stressing about the direction of the magazine and the Women’s Issue. I spent a lot of time in the beginning second guessing my vision, but toward the end when I had the final draft in my email, I was really proud,” said Dejania Oliver, former editor in chief of the magazine.

“I am pleased to see the work of the Journey staff being recognized by the SPJ Sunshine State Awards,” said Francine Huff, the magazine's former advisor, who is now the director of Journalism School Partnerships at Solutions Journalism Network. “It was an honor to work with the Journey staff while I was the Knight Chair at FAMU. Their hard work, leadership, creativity and dedication to the craft of journalism truly makes them worthy of this honor.”

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !