The FAMU men’s basketball team will join a field of eight HBCU programs at the third annual Toyota Chris Paul HBCU Classic, scheduled for Dec. 4-5 at CareFirst Arena in Washington, D.C.
The event, being held in Washington for the first time, will feature four Division I and four non-Division I programs. Events DC, the District’s official convention and sports authority, will serve as the host partner.
FAMU will open play Friday, Dec. 4, against Hampton and then take on Tennessee State on the Saturday night.
Session 1
- Winston-Salem State vs. Clark Atlanta
- Virginia State vs. West Virginia State
- Hampton vs. FAMU
- Grambling State vs. Tennessee State
Saturday Dec. 5
Session 1
3rd Place Game (Non-Division I)
Championship Game (Division I)
Session 2
FAMU vs. Tennessee State
Hampton vs. Howard
Saturday’s schedule will include a championship game between the Division I winners and a third-place game for the non-Division I teams. FAMU will also face Tennessee State, while Hampton will play Howard.
“Being part of the Chris Paul HBCU Classic is a great opportunity for our program and for FAMU," said coach Charlie Ward. "This is exactly the kind of stage our guys deserve, and I’m excited for Rattler Nation to see us compete on it. Chris Paul has built something special for HBCU basketball, and we’re proud to be part of it.”