Grads ready new movie for the BIG screen

NuRattler
8







FAMU graduates Will Packer and Rob Hardy, of Rain Forest Films, are set to bring their latest film to the big screen on November 21. This Christmas, the latest, epic from the folks who brought us "Stomp the Yard", and "The Gospel", is about a family (the Whitfields) who get together for the holidays. This time, however, the kids are all grown up and everyone has returned home and brought plenty of baggage with them. As the christmas tree is trimed and lights are hung, secrets are revealed and family bonds tested.

This Christmas stars Loretta Devine, Regina King, Chris Brown, Las Alonzo,Mekhi Phifer, and Idris Elba.

Also see:
Screen writer got start at FAMU

Grads bring new film to BIG screen
Tags

Post a Comment

8Comments

  1. Seems like another one of those feel good good, str8 to DVD movies like the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please stop hating and say something positive or nothing at all. It's good that Black Families are being shown on the big screen at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Rob and Will! I will be the first to get my tickets to your new movie. Haters, stop hatin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer Packer and Hardy's films to Perry's, b/c TP's films all seem like vestiges of the chitlin' circuit era. The latest Tyler film appears to be the "black version" of "The Big Chill." Maybe not, but it just seems so. Obviously, however, other folk feel differently, because the box office tickets are indisputable. OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definately gonna support my fellow Rattlers and I've seen Tyler Perry's movie and its excellent. I saw the previews at the Tyler Perry movie and I instantly knew I wanted to see this film even before I learned today that Will and Rob were behind its production.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see positive Black films hitting the movie theaters. I know the plots are a bit recycled, but I am willing to look past that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ain' nobody hatin'. folks just like what they like, and don't like what they don't like. that's it, pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well whateva, let's keep it positive. For we have so much to happy about since Dr. Ammons is here. Morale is up on campus and things are just looking way better than they did last year at this time.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !