Harvey signs with Titans, Scott inks contract with Cardinals

big rattler
0
Wide receiver Travis Harvey
Two undrafted FAMU gridiron stars are heading to the NFL as free agents.

Wide receiver Travis Harvey accepted an offer from Tennessee Titans. Defensive lineman Padric Scott sealed a deal with the Arizona Cardinals.

Harvey will report to the Titans’ rookie minicamp on May 9th.

“I’m excited that everything I went through paid off,” Harvey said.  “It was rough getting to this point.  I had more downs than ups to get here, but it was all worth it now.”

He added that the life-changing news still hasn’t quite sunk in, yet.

Defensive lineman Padric Scott
“I think it will kick when I’m finally about to travel to Tennessee,” Harvey said.  “It will be interesting that I already played in their stadium this year when we played Tennessee State in the John Merritt Classic.”

Scott recalled how excited he and his family were when the Cardinals called him. He was in parents’ living room with his mom and dad sitting beside him.

“When I got the call we all started shouting,” Scott said. “Dad was feeling great, to see the excitement in their faces made me feel good. I don’t know if I’ll ever outgrow the satisfaction of making my parents proud.  To see emotion made feel really proud.”

Scott will report to Glendale later this month. He said he can’t wait to represent his alma mater in the pro ranks.

“I will give it all I have to represent FAMU and all HBCUs.  It’s such a special feeling…a special moment,” Scott said.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !