Boyd: A decision is coming soon

big rattler
0

Now that Florida’s chief financial officer, Alex Sink, has ruled out a bid for the U.S. Senate in 2010, journalists and politicos are eagerly anticipating Congressman Allen Boyd’s (D-Monticello) announcement on whether he will enter the race.

Boyd, whose district includes FAMU, seems to be leaning toward an affirmative answer. In a statement released to media shortly after Sink said “no thanks,” he noted:

I've always said that the decision to run for the U.S. Senate is a personal one for me and does not hinge on what anyone else decides to do. I love serving the people of North Florida in the House of Representatives, but I'm considering a Senate run because of the very serious challenges facing my fellow Floridians. I'm not going to drag this out. I'm very close to a decision and will make my decision public.

So far, Congressman Kendrick Meek (D-Miami), a FAMU alumnus, is only the major contender for the open seat. With Sink out, the Democratic field is expected to attract many candidates. State Sen. Dan Gelber (D-Miami), plans to start his campaign soon. Congressman Ron Klein (D-Palm Beach) may also join the field.

Meek kicks off U.S. Senate campaign

Two FAMU supporters consider runing for U.S. Senate
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !