Baby Rattler safety to become Rattler

da rattler
1
FAMU High safety Johnathan Ferrell knew what hew wanted in a college, and he didn't have to look far.

The combination of being close to home - and being a longtime Rattlers' fan - made Florida A&M University the perfect match.

"I can still watch my little brother play and basically be close to my family," said Ferrell, who plans to sign an athletic scholarship as a safety with the Rattlers.

"My mom can come watch my games and it won't be hard to get home during the holidays."

Ferrell helped lead the Baby Rattlers to their first state championship since 1978, snagging two interceptions in the second half to rally FAMU High past Victory Christian 14-10.


To prepare for the next level, Ferrell said, "I'm going to try to get my weight up and get more muscle, so I'll be prepared for the contact. I'm going to try to get a little faster and work on my back pedaling."

Post a Comment

1Comments

  1. welcome new Rattler. hope we can get more Baby Rattlers to make the jump to becoming Rattlers.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !